Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bubby at Booty's

We have been pretty busy here the last couple of days. Part of the reason we came was to see if we could help out. On Monday morning, I started painting what will soon be Leo's bedroom (he has to give up his current location so Clara can move out of her parent's room, when it is appropriate).

It was a complete job, ceiling, closet and all. I got the ceiling and woodwork done yesterday, and finished the walls, in a nice silvery gray, today. I think it turned out pretty nice. We put it back together this afternoon.

While I was painting the ceiling, Bubby and Leo were weeding the front yard flower bed. She was trying to keep him occupied so he didn't get into the paint.

Every time he passed by the closed bedroom door this morning, the exchange went something like this: Knock, knock, knock. "Bubby" (he is struggling with different names for the two of us). "I am Poppy!" "Poppy!" "Yes." "I want to hold you!" Of course what he really wants to do is come in, see what is going on, and touch everything, including any wet paint. We had quite a few of these conversations this morning, but I wasn't sucker enough to let him in, not even for a minute.

We had cheap, but marginal, Chinese food for lunch, so it was a very successful day. Tomorrow, Booty and I tackle the master bedroom.

Buboppy

No comments: