Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Drewfy as Rain Man

I realize that we have not posted in a couple of weeks. Alas, there is not much unusual going on, so rather than bore our readers, we have remained silent.

Yesterday, however, something happened that has made me smile ever since I heard about it. Bubby was tending Drewfy and Evelyn yesterday afternoon, and when 3:15 rolled around, Drewfy insisted that they get the TV warmed up so that he could watch his current favorite show, "Wild Kratts" (I think that is the name) at 3:30.

Bubby is not the most electronically capable individual, and she was unable to get the program up and running. She called Daniel in his office, and through trial and error and some long distance trouble shooting, they were able to get the program on at 3:31.

What made me smile about the situation is, the whole time that Bubby and Dan were on the phone working through the technical issues associated with three remotes, Andrew was becoming more and more agitated about missing his program.

In my mind, it conjured up scenes of Dustin Hoffman in "Rainman" standing on a strangers porch, chanting that Judge Wopner was set to begin in 10 minutes and counting down to the second it started. The final shot in that scene shows the Rainman sitting in the stranger's living room, pen and spiral notebook in hand, taking notes on the People's Court. Does it make you smile, too?

Buboppy

1 comment:

Rosalyn said...

Are you suggesting that my son might have some form of autism? :) (I have to admit I've wondered that on occasion--he's certainly pretty intense, and obsessed with Wild Kratts. We regularly have our 3:30 countdown . . . )