Wednesday, May 9, 2012

After too long an absence

I am embarrassed to realize that I have been so busy that I have been ignoring the blog. Proof of that fact is the change in the interface that makes this post seem like something I have never done before. I wish things were different, but they just aren't. We survived commencement weekend which included a big ceremony with tours and gifts for our donor's family and a hoopla for the naming of the College. We are now the Walter Maxwell Gibson College of Science and Engineering. It was a great occasion, but I hate having to perform at these events. On Friday we had a big campus-wide commencement event and then we were the first college convocation, starting at 3:00 PM on Friday. By the time I got through and made it home, all Bubb could say was, you look tired!. We celebrated by running to St. George for a night in the condo. Daniel's family was visiting in Provo, so he went with us. We did the Ichiban oriental/sushi buffet and had a relaxing evening and morning. We were back in Cedar City working on yard chores by 12:30 PM, so it was a short respite. I did sneak away during finals week for one outing. Here is the photo. It was a fun time on the water with my 78 year-old neighbor, Ray.
Buboppy

No comments: