Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Blessing Day


This is Vince Anthony Eves in his blessing tux. Doesn't he look great? We were able to participate in the blessing on Sunday morning, and it was fun. Jason, Mike, and Cindy were there with their families along with both sets of grandparents and Jaye's sister's family. They had a big feed and party in Parowan afterward, but alas, duty called, and I went back to the University Stake. We had a ward conference and bishopric change to take care of. It made for a long Sunday, but Vince's big moment was certainly one of the highlights.

When I got home, Bubby and I quickly ate some dinner, and entertained our home teacher. Bubby is experimenting with a festive dessert for a party we have early next week. She has decided on 100-year old ginger bread, and we are refining the presentation. She offered a piece to the home teacher. The lovely, moist cake sat in a puddle of lemon sauce and was topped with whipped cream. I had a little of my own, and I can tell you that lemon sauce is a great match. I think there may be a few berries involved when we actually serve it at the party next week.

Our final Sunday activity was participation in the 67th annual Messiah presentation by the Orchestra of Southern Utah (OSU) and a community chorus. I have never heard the OSU sound better, and most of the soloists were outstanding. The tenor who sang "Comfort Ye" was a knock out. The alto and soprano who presented "He Shall Feed his Sheep" were also noteworthy. We went with Big K, and had a really nice evening. I think OSU's new director (SUU faculty member, Dr. Xun Sun) is making a significant impact.

We ran down to St. George yesterday to hang with Babsy a little on her birthday. They are trying to get ready to move. I think she and the Bean are going to do a one-day Skywest to SLC and look at some houses tomorrow. Bubby will go down and tend the kids, and if I can get my affairs in order, I may join her. I have a big meeting every Wednesday that I will need to get out of, but I will look into it. Heaven knows I don't mind missing the meeting.

Buboppy

No comments: