Thursday, November 20, 2008

Last Outing of the Year?



Bubby and I ran down to Sand Hollow yesterday afternoon. Temperature was in the low 70's and not a spec of wind. A beautiful day to be on the lake. We were fishing by 2:30. Bubby got to navigate the boat out of the docking area while I rigged a couple of rods. She has been a little intimidated by the thought of driving the boat, but was certainly smiling when I took her picture.

Water temperature has dropped below 60 °F, so the fishing has really slowed. I threw a lot of things at them . . . had one Senko bite (missed him!) and two jig bites (caught both of them).



There were some guys who had driven up from Las Vegas to fish, and when we were loading the boat they said with three of them fishing they had not even had a bite. That would be discouraging, but I thought I might get skunked, at one point. I think they are the folks who come and load up on sunfish all the time. I have seen the boat before.

Anyway, I am not sure if I will take the boat out again this year. It may be time to cover it and put it on the new slab in the backyard. Three bites in as many hours is not what I call hot fishing. At least one of the fish I caught was in the 2.5-3 lb range. Green curly-tail grubs strike again. We had a lovely time on the water. Bubby curled up on the rear deck like a kitten in the sun. She slept for an hour or so.

We did make our accustomed stop at Alberto's on the way home, and I even got to get a debriefing from Daniel about his SUU phone interview yesterday afternoon.

Buboppy

No comments: