Friday, October 30, 2009

Trunk or Treat

It seems to have been a very busy week. These images should have been posted much earlier, but quite frankly I haven't had the time in the early mornings, and I have been too tired in the evenings to do anything but crash with Bubby and watch a short segments of "Little Dorritt".

Last weekend, I had a meeting in SLC on Friday, so Bubby spent some time with Babsy and the fam, and we both spent the night. Unfortunately, it was SUU's Homecoming in Cedar City on Saturday, so we had to rise early and race back home. We were back in town by 9:30. Time for a haircut, shower, etc., and then on to a parade and the other homecoming activities.



Back to SLC. Here is Babsy clearly delighted with a gift from Laurie. I am not quite sure what it is, but it has to do with nursing new babies and such. I have not asked too many questions for fear I would blush. Thanks to Laurie for putting such a big smile on Babsy's face.



While I was at my meeting, Bubby and Babs took the girls and did lunch, somewhere. I can't remember the details (that is either a sign of my age or due to the lateness of this post). The girls had a grand time "playing" video games. Notice who is driving.



The highlight for us was the opportunity to join the family as they participated in their ward's Trunk or Treat activity. Here are the kids just before we left for the event. Our oldest grandson sure makes a fine Harry Potter. I had to laugh at our little elephant. Once we got to the church parking lot, she decided that the costume was too warm. She began to shed it right there in the parking lot. Of course, she had her underthings on beneath, but nothing else. I tried to take a picture of her daddy insisting that she put her costume back on, and she resisting with all of her might. Unfortunately, the photo did not do the amusing scene justice.



An added bonus was that Liza brought her boys over to join in. This is Mr. J all dressed up as the Transformer, Bumblebee. I wouldn't have known if someone hadn't explained it.



Ma'Ted's costume needed no explanation. He wasn't very happy about it, but, complete with light saber, he made a fabulous Yoda.



After the activity, and sans ears, Ma'Ted was very happy to indulge in eating the candy and snuggling with his Mom. Jas stayed home to watch a little baseball. Was fun to see the family.

Buboppy

No comments: