Monday, January 25, 2010

Will This Ever End?

No photos again this week. We stayed busy during the week with our usual activities. Bubby works, takes care of Drewfy and Sister on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, attends her RS presidency meetings, and looks forward to the occasional "princess" afternoon. The big work event for her this week was the SWATC's decision to honor outgoing Mayor Gerry Sherratt. Bubby was put in charge of a scrapbook and she spent the better part of two weeks putting it together. She gathered photos, letters of remembrance and commendation from Gerry's friends and associates, and generally learned a lot about the public service career of Mayor Sherratt. In return, Gerry sent her flowers the day after the Board Meeting in which he was honored. What a nice surprise for her.

On Friday afternoon, we went to the movies. We saw "Extreme Measures", and both enjoyed it. We also went to SUU's first home gymnastics meet against the USU Aggies. I don't understand a lot about gymnastics, but it was very exciting, and remarkably we beat Little Blue (everyone in the State knows who Big Blue is).

Friday night it snowed about six inches, and when I woke early planning to head to Walmart and on to St. George, I couldn't face the snow and cold, so I rolled over and went back to sleep. We did get our shoveling done, and were on the road south by 7:30. We just didn't get to Walmart that morning.

It was slow driving on snow-packed roads. We even saw a few vehicles in the median and barrow pit along the way. I have to smile at the thought of Bubby sitting in the truck full of anticipation of another day at the condo, and breaking one of her own cardinal rules. Of our own free will, and choice, we were traveling in adverse snow-related conditions, and you know she never even mentioned it! Of course the push is to get ready for the carpet installation which begins this Friday.

I spent my time painting, and by 2:30, had all of the carpeted areas ready, had two-coated the remaining white woodwork, and even put a first coat on the bedroom bifold doors.

Bubby spent most of her time in the garage where she scrubbed and cleaned the floor. Aunt Nellie joined in. Bubby had two appointments arranged with craftsmen (Classy Closets and someone to replace the wooden fence with vinyl). Only the fence guy showed. Aunt B called and Bubby, Nell, B, and Kat went to lunch at Cafe Rio. I am not much fun when I have painting to do, so I didn't join them. Aunt B wanted to know if I "wanted" to paint her bedroom and I told her I didn't even want to paint Bubby's bedroom, but couldn't see a way out of it.

I am down to a portion of the kitchen and the two bathrooms remaining to paint. There is also quite a bit of touch up, because the person who masked off the white before the brown went on was a rookie (thanks anyway, Bubby). I think I can finish in one more full day.

Before leaving St. George, we ventured into Costco at 3:00 on a Saturday afternoon. Huge mistake. The lines were 10-12 deep, and everywhere you went, you had to negotiate your cart around someone or something. Bubby and I got separated and spent a good 10 minutes looking for each other. I don't want to do that again anytime soon. We also did Walmart at about 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon. However, the Walmart was in Cedar City, and Cedar City crowded and elbow-throwing is entirely different than the same activities in St. George.

Of course we are already talking about the next trip south. We are planning on picking up the bed and dining room table and chairs from the furniture store. Bubby has to locate a mattress, but if ours at home fits the new bed frame, we'll move it to the condo and buy ourselves a new mattress and box springs in Cedar City. I need to do some measuring this week. I don't know if it will happen this week, but we will be taking the couch and love seat from downstairs for use in the condo. Poor Dan will have to help me haul them back upstairs. I'll bet Babsy and Aaron can still remember when the three of us took them down in the basement in the first place.

Once we have finished inside, Bubby wants the garage painted. We are even talking about painting the garage floor. I think it is an excellent idea, because I am hoping to store the boat in the St. George garage, at least for the winter months next year.

Sunday has come and gone, and we are facing another big week. Could be a busy one. Hope all of our readers have a great end of January and are looking forward to the February thaw as much as we are. Bubby reminds me that March is just around the corner. Of course, we have a trip to San Diego on February 4th to help tide us over.

Buboppy

2 comments:

xraywells said...

Don't forget your unscheduled trip to SLC sometime as well. We are feeling neglected!

Jolynn said...

Nellie took us over to sneak a peak at your condo yesterday. It looks great!