Monday, May 24, 2010

Guiding on Sand Hollow



I got an "emergency" email from Jon about 10 days ago requesting some "bass therapy". We put it together for last Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. When he announced that Max would be joining us in the boat, I wasn't sure how things would turn out. I remember Jake's early trips. Fishing takes some dedication, and there aren't many four year olds who have it.

I have to admit that Max did really well. Aside from being annoyed with having to wear a life jacket, he hung in there for almost three hours before his first request to go home (to Grandma Nellie's).



One of the reasons he hung in for so long was this diversion. He loved to drive the boat, which of course he got to do repeatedly as we drifted from fishing spot to fishing spot.



Jake will remember this. Max did not want to touch the fish, not even to release them. I did get him to come close enough to look like he was giving this little one a smooch.



Trying to do whatever we can during the last hour or so to keep Max happy in the boat. By now, he has eaten all of the treats that we brought along.



On Friday morning, Uncle Rol, Jon and I went for a repeat. It was a gorgeous morning and we got out ahead of the incoming weather. Uncle Roland was the big winner on this one, I think.



Jon confirmed the presence of crappie in the lake, and posed with this beauty that took a four inch grub designed to attract bass.

It was a fun outing for the boys, but Bubby had to stay home and work. I know she felt bad.

Buboppy

No comments: