Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Events



Regular readers of this blog will already know the events associated with Miss Evelyn's 2nd Birthday party. We were able to secure a few photos that were different than those already posted. I can't tell if Miss Evelyn knows what to think of the elaborate cake in front of her. Just what is she supposed to do?

Bubb and I went to an early movie on Thursday afternoon. We saw the new "Iron Man." It was about what you would expect. Bubby just went to be sociable. What she really wants to see we will probably do today, "Letters to Juliet." I am certain she will find that far more appealing. When we got home from the movies, I mowed the lawns and Bubb turned the second garden box over, almost all by herself. What a woman of the land! We will probably bury hoses and set some fences this afternoon, but I am nervous to do any planting until the weather settles (freezing night-time temps are forecast for Wednesday-Thursday).

On Friday, we rose early and drove to Bryce Canyon. I had a board meeting. We lunched together at the Bryce Canyon Lodge. The meal was great (there is a new concessionaire in the Park) and after a quick look at the latest "Smokey the Bear" wear, we headed north to Sarah and Aaron's. Sarah was excited to have us come and we got our first call to determine our whereabouts while we were on Highway 20 (about 30 minutes from Bryce). Both Sarah and I had a good laugh about that. We arrived in SLC at about 7:00 PM, and enjoyed (perhaps not the correct word in light of later events) a dinner of chicken enchiladas. We watched about one and a half episodes of the office and then crashed.

I woke at about three with lower GI distress. I discovered it was the real deal upon visiting the bathroom. Shortly thereafter, I experienced upper GI distress, and it was on. I spent most of the day wishing I could void, but worried that I might at some inopportune moment or place. It kind of took the fun of the the party for me.



That having been told, here are some additional shots of our favorite Quest participants. I think Jake looks very dashing in his cape.



Miss Kate was the champion bubble blower, and you can see in the photo. The ogre would certainly not come anywhere near her.



Drewfy was pretty preoccupied with all of his cousins. He is way into the cousin thing. I did get one weak squeeze from him, but limiting his contact with me was probably wise.



Miss Chee was in her glory and lots of fun to watch. Love to here her converse.



And here is the princess and author of the "feast", "Sister."



Finally a photo of Miss Maggie with her "big hair" (Sarah's description) and unicorn like horn (aka pony) (it is hidden behind the flower). She is a cute little girl and quite cheerful. She even smiles at her grizzly looking Poppy.

We left the party and hurried home, hoping not to need to stop. I had popped about 10 Pepto tablets at this point, so things were under control. I was limiting my intake to cold Gatorade, so things were also OK on that front.

When we got home, Bubby shopped for Sunday while I rested. Then we mowed Dan's lawns (the dandelions are under control for the present) and enjoyed the lovely spring weather. We will likely haul some clippings from his yard and ours to the dump this afternoon.

Sunday morning dawned, and I felt much better. I had a bowl of chicken soup on Saturday night, and I am sure that made all of the difference. I taught my SS lesson on Joshua and the Battle of Jericho, and then we had a leisurely Sunday afternoon. It was nice to be home.

Buboppy

1 comment:

Sarah Wells said...

Great picture of me and Mags. I almost never like a picture with me in. Good job. Send me that one full res. It was good to see y'all if only for a minute. Looking forward to summer and some longer visits.