Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Busy June



I have been taking some time off from work, and that means staying away from a computer, even when I am at home. Consequently, we haven't posted at all this month. Let me bring you up to date.

Bubby and I accompanied the Bryce Canyon Field Seminar to New Mexico. We had a grand time seeing the country, renewing old acquaintances, and visiting some really interesting places, including El Moro and Bandelier National Monuments.



The Friday that I returned from field seminar was supposed to be a birthday luncheon with my friends from work, to be convened at the Pizza Factory in Cedar City. I was very surprised to discover a surprise party instead, at which all of our kids and grandkids were present, even Matt, Laurie and Leo, came from Dallas.



What a great time they must have had planning this subterfuge.



Of course I was very, very surprised, and more pleased than a photo could show. What a great way to end six decades on this earth, nearly four of them in the loving embrace of my family.



Rhonda, pictured here, was party to the deception, as was Barbara. All I can say is that they are both very convincing liars.



Sarah and her family and Laurie and Leo have stayed on. Jake had to go to Cedar Mountain Science Camp, and the kids have all had swim lessons. All of the kids, except Miss Maggie. We have enjoyed having them visit and getting to know this little one.



We have been cleaning out the freezer while they are here, which included a meal of frozen pot stickers the other night. I couldn't help but include photos of Katie using chop sticks for the first time. She did very well.



Lydia, on the other hand, not quite so well.

We have had a great month so far. I have been able to use some of my accrued time off, and it has been great to just be with the family.

Buboppy

1 comment:

xraywells said...

Your moldy blog is starting to stink.