Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fourth of July and other Summer Fun



Ok, so yes, we are in Chicago, and yes there are stories to tell and even a photo of two. But before we get into that . . .

We absolutely loved our visit with Leo Fin. He is such a funny little boy and growing up really fast. Alas, he is now back home in the Big D, and we will miss him horribly, but this post contains some of our favorite pictures taken on, and around the 4th of July weekend.

Of course popsicles in the back yard is a rite of summer. Leego is enjoying his first banana Creamy in this one.



I thought this was a cute picture of Leeg and Mama Laur. He is resisting a little in this photo, but his days of cuddling are probably close to over, so I hope this image will remind his mom how little he used to be.



I realize that others have already reported on our parade festivities, but I couldn't resist including this photo of handsome Drewfy and Pretty Miss Evelyn waiting for the parade to arrive. I really dug the Aloha shirt, and told him so. That is just my style. We even made an obligatory visit to The Cow for drinks, ice cream and a family fry.



One night Bubby and I took Leeg to our secret spot for a pastrami burger. He, and his Dad loved it. Unfortunately it was done without a car seat, so we got in some serious trouble with his mom.



One last image. Here is the famous "face" courtesy of Leeg. Hope his flight home was trouble free.



One final image. Booty, Dan and I got to go fishing on Wednesday night last week. We had a great time together, and here is the proof. We did catch some nice bass.

Buboppy

2 comments:

Jana said...

I guess you already knew this, but you've sure got the cutest grandbabies! That picture of lil andrew in the shades looks so Dan-ish to me. But I really wish I hadn't seen that picture of the banana creamy. Now its all I can think about and they don't have them here! mmmmm.... creamies....

xraywells said...

YEA, A BLOG POST FROM BUBOPPY. I WILL COUNTER YOUR POST AND RAISE YOU ONE. HAVE A FUN TRIP. CAN'T WAIT TO READ ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES.