Monday, July 19, 2010

Goodbye Chicago

My meetings wrapped up at about Noon on Wednesday. All in all, probably worth the time and money. Bubb and I hooked up in the room where we shared a sandwich from a highly tauted deli (Fox and Obel). We headed for the Red Line and rode the El to the Shedd Aquarium.



As I always do, I tried to take photos of the fish with very limited success. Our travel camera is several years old now, and the fish either move, or I move, before an image can be captured. We did get this photo, and thought our animal lover-grandsons would enjoy it.



After the crowded aquarium we headed to Greek town and the Parthenon. We really enjoyed our Greek salad and a stuffed pepper appetizer. Bubby had a sampler plate, and really didn't enjoy it much. I had some calamari that tasted pretty good.



NBC has offices in Chicago, and I talked Bubb into a photo op.



We went over the Millennium park upon returning to downtown, and there was a free concert in progress. We didn't stay too long, but we were sure surrounded by lots of people enjoying the music, picnicking on the lawn.



Final verdict. Chicago was really fun to visit, lots to see and do, fabulous restaurants, but there is no place like home.

Buboppy

No comments: