Wednesday, July 14, 2010

American Girl and Millenium Park



Tuesday morning Robert and I left our room at the same time my goal was to beat the crowds to the American Girl store at 835 N Michigan



Upon arrival I was welcomed by many smiling clerks who seemed to love their work. First of all I wanted to see where the tea party's I read about were to be set. The dolls have their own pink chairs just their size to set up to the table so they can join in on the pleasant conversation.



Specialty dolls were downstairs and the "look like me" dolls were upstairs. I had a fun time inspecting the clothing for the dolls and the detail that was carefully taken for each outfit. I wonder who does the sewing.



A hair salon is readily available if your doll needs to have a quick new due before tea.



I also wandered down a couple of blocks to the Millennium park. It had amazing green space and incredible modern architecture. This is a bridge that winds its way above the greenspace in the park.



This stainless steel sculpture was incredible. It may me dizzy to go into it and look up because the of the reflection.



I went on an architectural boat cruise this morning for fun while Robert went to his last class. The tour motored through the canals of the Chicago river and the guide explained about the many wonderful building they were built to make Chicago the city it is today. There are 47 bridges that span the Chicago River and they elevate to allow boat and ships to go all the way to the Mississippi River. There is a lock at the mouth of the river because the Chicago River is 4 feet lower that Lake Michigan
Avenue, it was a bit of a walk but I joined in with the flow of people going to work. The tower in this photo is the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower).

No comments: