Tuesday, January 17, 2012

More from Sunny SoCal

Today is our last full day of this vacation. We are sad to have to go home tomorrow. It has been a great break, and a great start to our 40th anniversary year. We plan to pull out all of the stops this year, and this trip is just the beginning.



I found too more images from our raid of the gated community that Bubby wanted me to post. Another photo of the lake. I can't believe I took this one with my phone.



It's easy to imagine that I took this one with the phone, because it is pretty bad. Bubby looks good, though.



Yesterday I partook in a little bit of nostalgia. There is a municipal par-3 golf course within walking distance of our accommodations, and I decided to play it. When I was growing up, there was a similar course (Twin Lakes Golf Course)located a few miles from our house, and Uncle Dave and I spent a lot of evenings with friends playing par-3 golf under the lights. Bubby and I didn't play long enough to have the lights be a factor, and the course is nothing compared to the Sand Hollow course I played at the end of December, but it was fun for me. The best part, 18 holes, $25! Many of the high profile courses here cost in excess of $100 plus cart. I can spin for the golf, but I am not playing well enough right now to deserve it. I need some serious summer golf to get my game back in shape. I spent too much time on the building last summer, and not enough time on Cedar Ridge.



Bubby is insisting that I include this photo, so let me put that disclaimer out right now. This is what life is like in the lazy river. Bubby says it is just her style. My concern in posting this is that it will show up somewhere and lead to embarrassment at some future date, but what the heck. I guess if you dish it out, you have to take it once in awhile.

We are going to start early tomorrow for home, hoping to be in Las Vegas for lunch. I have some things to do in Cedar City tomorrow before I leave for SLC on Thursday morning. One of the things is an appointment with the optometrist so I can get some new glasses ordered.

Buboppy

2 comments:

Sarah Wells said...

LOVE the lazy river photo, it's my new screen saver!

BubOppy said...

Eeeeewww!