Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another Weekend in SLC

We returned from our third straight weekend in SLC. The purpose of this week's visit, to attend a state conference on career and technical education. It was great to see the kids, but I am very glad that it will be awhile before we have to run up that road again. Let's face it, I prefer mindless weekends in St. George at the condo, going to the temple, perhaps a meal at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant, and some real down time.

One upside was that we hosted Lydia and Katie overnight in our Tower room at the Little America. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to participate much because there were conference events on Friday evening and on Saturday AM. Bubby said that she had a great time with the girls enjoying the old money feel of the Little America, breakfast at the coffee shop, and lounging in the lobby to look at the decorations.

We all went to lunch together after the kids did swimming and I finished with my sessions.

I wanted to note with sorrow the passing of my Uncle Eddie this past week. He was a militant genealogist, and worked tirelessly to bring the family history to light for all of us. He dies leaving Aunt Connie alone. I am confident that a happy reunion with all of the family members on the other side has occurred this past week.

Buboppy

No comments: