Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rosalyn's Birthday, Daniel's Celebration, and the Zoo

We managed to drive all the way to SLC, engage in a myriad of fun activities with Daniel, Rosalyn, Sarah, Aaron, and all of the Grands without capturing a single photo. You may be saying, "No Way! Poppy always gets a picture", but alas, not this time. We whipped out the camera for the first digital memory and discovered we needed a fresh battery. We neglected to bring either the alternate power source, or our battery charger from home, so you will have to depend on Daniel and Rosalyn's photos, or Sarah's when she gets them posted.

We did have a wonderful weekend away. I (with some guilt) enjoy the opportunity to escape my Sunday duties, and it was great not to have them to consume my day. After dinner with Rosalyn and Daniel and family at Ottavio's in Provo, the excitement of a 7:30 AM flat tire and a flat spare, a surprise birthday gathering for Rosalyn, fun at the nearly empty Zoo, and a pleasant dinner at Red Robin, we did enjoy our quiet Sunday. Bubby was on pervert watch in Aaron's primary class. When I say that, I am not suggesting that Aaron in anyway acts inappropriately with his Primary class, my comment is more on the order of a mild protest about the current state of the World. We have to have primary teachers watching each other. A sad state of affairs, to be sure, but it is all in the name of child safety, which I support.

We arrived home about 5:00 PM on Monday and enjoyed being home and doing "homey" things. We entertained (or were entertained by) Ron and Nancy, whom we home teach, at 7:00 PM. They are cribbage buffs and we played four really close games. We are already scheduled for a rematch next Monday night, however, the game to be played is "Bloody Smash", a progressive rummy game (like Phase 10).

Bubby and I walked early this morning. It was cold, but stimulating. She has a haircut today (very excited) and I have my presidency meeting. I will have to return to Provo on Friday for a meeting at UVU with all the deans of Science and Mathematics, so our quiet comfort won't last too long.

Buboppy

No comments: