Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day, and Beyond

No photos. Last week, just flew by, and we are not sure where it went. On Monday evening (6/15) Bubby and I ran out to New Castle reservoir, and gave it a try. The lake has completed its annual turn over, and there was gooey moss everywhere. You caught more moss than anything else, but I still managed to catch 12-15 smallmouth. I did not catch any worth bragging about. I think I will let it sit for a week or so, before I try again.

On Thursday evening, Aaron and Sarah arrived. Sarah and the kids are here for a couple of weeks, and Aaron will run back and forth on the weekends. On Friday morning (6/19), at Aaron's request, we drove down to Sand Hollow, and tried our hand. Aaron caught the first two bass, and he was pretty pumped. I was trying to help Jake catch a few fish, but I knew he would have the most fun if we got on to some bluegills. I bought a carton of earth worms with that in mind. Sure enough, we figured out where they were and how to entice them, and Jake ended up out fishing us all. He probably caught 15, all by himself, and some of them were quite respectable. When we would relocate the boat to try to get over some bass, Jake was complain and want to go back to where the bluegill were. We met up with Bubby, Sarah and the kids at Ernesto's in St. George and had some lunch together. Sarah and family went on to visit Grandma Marsha, and Bubby and I shopped Costco and went home.

On Saturday, I went fishing with Lloyd, my old scouting buddy. We wanted to go to a little stream we love in the high country north of Bryce Canyon. He decided we could save some time by taking his Rhino (a two seat ATV) along and then taking a back road into our spot. After a couple of false tries, we did, indeed, get to where we wanted to go. Of course we didn't save any time. The fishing was excellent. Some beaver have moved into the valley, and their work has created a better fishery. We caught larger fish than usual, and had a great time. I finally returned home at about 7:00 PM.

Father's Day was fun. I got to talk to everybody on the phone (including conversation with Miss Evelyn and some heavy breathing and smiling from Mr. Leo in Dallas), and Sarah and Aaron came to church and dinner. We did some pork tenderloins (Katie's favorite), mashed Yukon Gold potatoes, gravy, roasted asparagus, and a salad. It was very nice. We even had berries and ice cream for dessert.

Yesterday morning, Beany, UP, and I assaulted Cedar Ridge. UP bought a Taylormade driver and 3W, and wanted to try them out. It was fun until I twisted my knee on the fourth hole. I parred the hole, but it ended my golf. I limped back to the car and went to work. I was pretty lame yesterday, but after lots of anti-inflammatory meds, I am getting around much better. I hope it heals fast, because this is the season to be out early in the morning chasing the dimpled ball. I can't afford to be laid up.

Sarah and family swam in the pool yesterday, and will probably do the same today. Bubby and Babsy are headed to St. George for a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I have to stay in town for a couple of meetings. It is fun to have them here.

Daniel and family come on the weekend to sign the closing of their new home. We are all very excited. I think Daniel is excited to move on to the career phase of his life. SUU will be lucky to have him.

Buboppy

No comments: