Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Excited to Have Visitors

We have no pictures to share this week. Bubby and I were so excited to be home for the weekend and to just do normal stuff. We did our accustomed WalMart run at 0-dark-early on Saturday morning and then started some yard work. I trimmed the hedges and Bubby weeded her flower beds (at least the ones in the front yard). We took a load to the dump, went to the Nursery and bought a few more vegetables, and finished up in the yard about 2:00 PM.

Sunday was blissfully uneventful, and we enjoyed it. Our summer rhythm is finally starting to establish itself. I have played golf the last two mornings, and Bubby and I have been taking evening walks. We do love the summer in Cedar City.

We did go to Brian Head and look at possible sites for the 2010 Clarke Family Reunion. We think we have a winner. This is the 50th anniversary of the Clarke Reunion, and we hope that all of our readers with Clarke blood in their veins will make the effort to attend.

We had a chance to meet with Uncle Phil and Aunt Karen on Friday evening, and we finalized the assignments for the Jasper Eves Reunion on August 10th, 2009. We will be circulating them to all interested parties (assignees) very soon.

Although this is my birthday month, and, by rights, I should be celebrating non-stop, we really haven't done much yet. I am going to have to be the keynote speaker at our ward's Aaronic Priesthood commemoration outing on my birthday, and that conflicts with several other activities, including Robert Terry's wedding reception. Oh well, that is how things go.

Bubby is happy and making progress with South Beach. She smiles every time she stands on the scale. We are expecting Sarah and family for a visit very soon. I am not privy to the details (nobody tells me anything) but I know there is something planned for later in the month.

Buboppy

No comments: