Friday, August 7, 2009

Surgery Update

I won't go into the all of the details, but on Wednesday morning, I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee.

It was pretty sore the first day, and I was thankful for the lortab I was given. On Thursday it was feeling somewhat better and I could move around with the aid of a cane. I even was able to help UP with his video production for the Birdseye Film Festival and go to a two hour meeting at work.

I had to stay down with the ice on most the rest of the afternoon and do my penance.

This morning, Friday, I announced after a fitful, sleepless, night, that I was going to have a shower, one day ahead of schedule. Bubby was a little uncertain, but I needed it for my sanity. When I peeled away the layers, I found three small holes all stitched up tight. After a shower and shave, I felt worlds better. I put band-aides on the holes, wrapped the knee with an ace bandage, and headed in to work. I will do a half day this morning.

I am getting around much better. I don't need the cane anymore. I won't be setting any land-speed records (but I couldn't have done that before the surgery), but I hope to be mobile enough by next Wednesday to be a playa in the Orange Ball.

We are headed to LAS to pickup Booty this afternoon. Daniel is coming along in case we need a backup driver. We hope to have a report of stromboli from the Four Kegs for our faithful readers.

We are very excited for the Jasper Eves reunion. The fam is converging on Birdseye on Monday afternoon, and there are lots of fun things planned. Hope that all have an enjoyable time. Aunt Carolyn is planning on joining us, for which we are excited.

Buboppy

No comments: