Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Early Fall Fishing



I realize that many of our readers don't care, but for those who do . . . Yesterday, I took off early from work to run down to Sand Hollow. I invited Daniel to join me, but he decided his lawns needed mowing (he spent the weekend in Provo). I am sure Rosalyn is grateful for his sense of duty. That meant that I went alone, something that makes Bubby "nervous".

My trolling motor is on the fritz, and I haven't had a chance to look into it, so there was a lot more boatsmanship in this trip than usual. I caught several of my fish after casting and trying to reposition the boat mid-retrieve!

Anyway, I was successful. I probably caught about 25 fish, 10 of which would be considered keepers (in the 1.5-3 lb range).



These photos are representative of the larger fish. The water is very warm, and we are just coming off of a full moon, but I caught fish pretty consistently, particularly on a watermelon and black pepper, or a baby bass, colored hula grub. This combo has been working for me most of the summer.

I had a ball, but got home late. Bubby was anxious because it took me so long. I hope to repeat this activity at least once a week this fall.

Buboppy

No comments: