Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall on the Mountain



Yesterday afternoon, Bubby and I went up to the University Mountain Cabin for a meeting. Actually, it was my meeting and she came along. I won't bore you with the meeting details, it was long and of only mild interest. We did get a mediocre Dutch oven dinner for our participation.

However, we have been watching the leaves turn on the mountain and wanted to at least have a look. So, on the way home we stopped for a couple of photos. The light was right and the colors bright.



One of the things that always interests me is the subtle details that surround us if we simply look closely enough. I thought this little sprig undergoing the change was quite remarkable. Not the best photo, but you get the idea.



Of course we are early enough that the reds are at their peak and the yellows and golds are just starting. It was fun to be in the mountains, and our Bubby was lovely amid all of that color. We encourage all of our readers to enjoy the fall season, where ever they are.

Buboppy

1 comment:

Jana said...

Aunt Trisha you are lovely!! Cedar Mountain in Fall is one of the happiest things I can think of. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Hug a quakie for me! :)