Monday, September 21, 2009

Quiet Weekend



Evelyn found the sunglasses in the toy box on Sunday. She does look very sophisticated in these goggle eyed shades.



Being completely female, she immediately recognized the opportunity to use them as an accessory to call attention to her pretty eyes and face!



And of course, Mr. Drewfy was there, too. He is such a handsome guy! I was trying for a better photo, but of course he wouldn't hold still long enough for the slow camera I was using. I think this one pretty much captures him.

As for the week past, this was a stressful one for me, and I fear my concerns infected the household. Several 2:00 AM wake ups for me, and unfortunately for Bubb. On Thursday, I formally interviewed for the Dean's position. I think it went reasonably well. The search committee brought two external candidates onto campus, and I was the third. I didn't see either of the other candidates, so I really don't know first-hand their viability. I hope that I will receive word about the position in the next ten days.

After all the missed sleep and restlessness, Bubby and I decided to stay in Friday night. We had some left overs in the refrigerator, and we dined elegantly on those. We did run to The Cow for some dessert, and shared it with Dan and Rosalyn after their kids were in bed. Nice to have a quiet evening. I can tell we are slowing down, about all we look forward to is hibernating at home.

On Saturday morning, we rose early and picked up a load at Daniel's destined for the dump. You know how our Bubby loves to go to the dump! Saturday's outing was no exception. We were able to unload our old mower, and we hauled a lot of large boxes, a pallet, and some yard refuse for Daniel. We had completed our errand and were back home by 8:30 AM.

I had the opportunity to play in a mini-golf tourney with some students at 10:00 AM, and Bubby went to do the compassionate service thing at a funeral at 11:00. We rendezvoused at about 3:00 at the house. Bubby wanted to make a Costco run, which we did, in fairly short order. Including the stop for dinner at Jimmy John's our total time, door to door was about 2 hours-fifteen. Not bad. We defrosted the freezer, did a little grocery shopping and that was our Saturday.

Sunday I taught gospel doctrine and Bubby did VT interviews all afternoon. Dan, Rosalyn and kids came over for a turkey breast, mashed, stuffing, and garden vegetables. Bubby almost missed out because of her interviews. We had some pound cake, cream the most beautiful raspberries (thanks Costco) for "bessert". Andrew was turning his nose up at it, until he recognized the whipped cream. Then he got interested. I had fun trying to build lock blocks with he and Evelyn while we waited for Bubby. Andrew loves to move in on whatever I am building, and take over. Fun to push his buttons in the process.

Glad for a quiet weekend. We needed it.

Buboppy

No comments: