Tuesday, August 31, 2010

They're Here . . .

So on Tuesday afternoon, Bubby and I drove down to St. George. She had a doctor's appointment and we were going to enjoy the evening at the condo. Her annual checkup went very well, and after "linner" at the OG, we hooked on to the boat and headed for Sand Hollow. Fishing was good, and I caught a few. It was super hot, and I think that contributed to what ultimately spoiled our trip.

In the middle of my fishing, and before the all important last hour of daylight, I began to have the familiar spasm associated with kidney stones. I told Bubb we had better get the boat back on the trailer while I was still able. Sure enough, before we got back to the condo, I was in the grip of an attack. Anyone who has been through this knows the drill, and I won't elaborate except to say by 10:00 PM I was in real trouble. Bubby had wanted to drive home, even though our plan was to spend the night, because there were drugs at home. I was afraid that I wouldn't make it.

We finally ended up at the ER at Dixie Regional Medical Center. I got something for the pain, and back to the condo we went. The past week has been one of waiting for the stone to drop. Lots of water consumption, lots of trips to the tottie in the night, and an uncertainty as to whether the storm has passed or not. At least I have not had to use the pain medication again (knock on wood).

We laid pretty low on the weekend. Took in "39 Steps" at the USF (not my cup of tea), saw a movie on Saturday, and went to a wedding reception. Bubby go to spend a little time with Jack Bauer. She is watching the second season of "24". It doesn't do much for me, but she finds it very gripping stuff. The good news is that with the release of the new iPod touch application for Netflix, she will be able to stream the remaining seasons to her iPod and I won't have to sleep through it anymore. I am sure that I can find something else to sleep through though. That seems to be my lot in life. Awake before 4:00 AM, snoozy by 8:00 PM.

We are getting very excited for our anniversary trip to San Diego. We leave early on Friday morning, drive to Big Bear, CA, and hook up with our friends, Ron and Nancy. We will stay there together until Sunday morning, when we will part company. We are planning to attend church with Aunt Carolyn on her birthday!!! After visiting with her, we will be driving on down to Oceanside to stay at our lodgings until Sunday, September 12th. I am sure we will find some fun adventures while we are there. We will see two Padres games, venture into Old Town in search of house numbers, walk the beach, eat lots of good food, and probably visit Uncle Bill and Aunt Verona.

If we have internet access, we'll keep our faithful readers posted about what we are up to while in San Diego. Stay tuned.

Buboppy

No comments: