Tuesday, August 10, 2010

An Update

I have no photos, profound thoughts, travel log, or anything else of substance to offer. Just an update of what is going on here in Cedar City.

When we returned home from the reunion, we were both pretty well knackered. Nevertheless, I had an important fund raising lunch to attend with our biggest Science Center addition benefactor. The lunch, and subsequent conversation, went very well. We continue to cultivate this donor because we may need additional resources to get our addition finished.

Late that afternoon, Bubb and I went to the movies to see "The Other Guys." Not great, but mildly amusing.

Saturday was busy. There was cleaning, yard work, and gardening to do. We stayed at it most of the day. It was so nice to be home again that, although we were very busy, the day sped by and we were blissfully content. We did take a break to go see "Dinner for Schmucks." Bubb is a big Steve Carell fan, and although the film was crude, she laughed out loud in many places.

Sunday was equally busy. We entertained the Wells family for breakfast as they made their northward return. I taught SS (Lesson 30) and Bubb conducted RS. We got to help Patsy get to church and have some Sunday dinner, which I count as a blessing. We had home teachers, our own dinner, Dan and Family for dessert, and more. It was grand.

Monday was face-the-grind-day and both Bubb and I had to go back to work with a vengeance. I had a six our Deans' Council, and Bubb had work plus presidency meeting, followed by a haircut. I went out to start my car for the homeward trek, and it was non-responsive. Bubb drove over with jumper cables, but nothing. I drove her to Uncle Roland Williams for her haircut, stopped at Auto Zone for supplies, ran home to change my clothes and grab tools, and changed out the battery myself. Just one of my many talents. I know how to replace the toothpaste, too.

I am sure there is big excitement ahead. We are going to try to squeeze in a 36 hour vacation before school starts on the 23rd. We are currently thinking about doing it in St. George, at the condo. So stay tuned.

Buboppy

No comments: