Monday, October 25, 2010

What is that smell?

Okay, I realize that the blog is stale enough that it is starting to stink. What can I say, it seems we have had a busy time at home, ever since we returned from Minnesota.

The weekend we arrived home was UEA weekend for most of the state of Utah. For some odd reason, our local school district opted to take the opening weekend of the deer hunt off, instead, but I digress. Sarah and her family came for a visit over the UEA weekend to give themselves a break and Aaron some much needed undisturbed study time.

We had a really fun time together, but I couldn't tell you what we did from day to day. The weather was beautiful most of the time, so we did a lot of outside things.



Maggie got her pumpkin hat from the Bubb. She wasn't too enthused about it, but I guess she doesn't like shoes or socks, either. We were lucky to get this photo.



Saturday was homecoming for SUU. before accepting the dean's job, I never paid much attention to this event, but it is very much required of me now. My loyal supporters donned their SUU wear and lined up on University Blvd. to cheer us on as we passed. Here is Miss Kate looking like she is enjoying the fun. The outfits were purchased for a June family photo, and purchased large enough so that the girls could get some wear of them.



Jake got to visit Arthur Hale was he was down. Art is, hands down, the best, and fastest, barber that ever tackled a young man's hair. by the time they figure out he is cutting their hair, he is done.




Although a little out of focus, this is an angelic version of Drewfy. By the way, he has now taken to calling himself that, which is kind of cute coming out of his mouth. I wasn't there to see it, but I guess he had a serious meltdown over a balloon, and nearly had to spend the parade in his family's car.



Lydia also got her hair trimmed, but by Stacia Glausser. She was having lots of fun along the parade route.



There wasn't much of a photo of Evelyn, so I took what I could get. Bubb was the photog, as I was in the parade. The kids certainly made a serious candy haul.



I know you can't tell, but that is me in the convertible. Rhonda borrowed it from her husband, and we spent the parade perfecting our waves. My college was the "winner" because of the fire balls, tee-shirt canon, and other activities. Not sure what that means, except there was a $500 cash prize. That almost covered the candy we threw out!

Buboppy

No comments: