Monday, August 13, 2007

Fishing Fun


On Thursday, August 9th, Sarah, Aaron, and the fam came up to Cedar City for an outing. We had a nice lunch at PF with these two green clad young ladies. After a swim in the "cool", Jake, Aaron, and I packed up the boat and headed for Newcastle.

I was surprised at the number of other boats doing pretty much what we were doing, but it was still a wonderful evening. We didn't catch any really memorable fish, although I had a dandy hooked that I didn't get in the boat, but we still had a great time. Aaron is loving this style of fishing, and tries to find all the opportunities possible to go and enjoy it. He catches his fair share of fish, too. After watching me out fish him about 4 to 1 during one stretch, he is even a believer in the yellow and white jig body.

Jake is very self sufficient, and has moved on to taking his own fish off the hook. He found Bubby's surgical glove and of course had to put it on. He was quite a sight with his cool "Kiss My Bass" hat and that silly glove. Although I didn't get a photo of it, Jake caught the biggest wiper to date, and of course he was really proud of it. We had a grand time.

Buboppy

No comments: