Friday, July 11, 2008

Independence Day


Our holiday was wonderful. Everyone was here and we spent a good part of the weekend together. Sarah and Rosalyn had cute celebration attire for the grand babies and so lots of photos were taken. Ly was the first one dressed so I followed her around and she struck her best Vogue poses for me. She really is a pistol. I get quite a kick out of her.

The light was pretty nice in the solarium so I got a few nice photos of the other Wells children. Kate is turning it on for me here.

Here is the wild threesome. I thought this one was the best of those that I took.

I also got a photo of the two girls together. I have to apologize to Rosalyn, Sarah asked me to shot some pictures, and they are all I have for this blog entry. We are not playing favorites.

We were on Main Street before the appointed hour and we witnessed the Independence Day parade. Lots of fire engines and OHV (four wheelers) and not much else (except thrown candy for the kids). We did see Deana and Confidance. but that was the only music offered. After an hour of waiting and finally observing the parade, we headed for The Cow. We sat in the cool getting refill after refill and letting the kids "play" video games (they don't know that you have to put money in them). Going to the Top Spot is one of our favorite summertime activities. Bubby says the ice cream is better than DQ, and the bottomless fountain drinks are a draw for the heavy drinkers.

We had a nice hamburger/sausage dinner with all of the trimmings. It was a hot day, but once the shade gets on the east side of the house, it doesn't matter. We even fixed up some caramelized onions and peppers and mushrooms to top everyone's burger. Most of the kids (and Poppy) had a dog instead. It was very nice. We made a major fruit salad and had Big Sticks for dessert. No one cared about the fireworks, so we played games, instead.

Buboppy

1 comment:

xraywells said...

Poppy,
We love all of the pictures from our fun weekend. We thought Lydie was especially cute. She was working the camera for her Poppy. I can't ever get her to smile like that.