Sunday, July 13, 2008

Laurie's Shower


Although I was not in attendance myself, I have it on good authority that Laurie's baby shower was a big hit. She got lots of great and practical gifts for the new arrival. In the above photo she is holding some baby items (burp cloths? blankets?)artfully shaped into a layer cake. I heard that it was really "cute", although I couldn't have used that word during the shower. I would have lost my pacifier.

The Three Fountains clubhouse was used for the event and as you can see from this photo, it was very well attended. Thanks to all who participated and to Babsy and Bubby for putting it together. I even got in on the act by grilling up some chicken to fill the Caesar wraps consumed by the guests.

Bubby was having a great weekend, and although she is probably not happy to have this photo posted, the grin she is wearing was a permanent feature during all the festivities. By the way, notice the beans climbing their trellis in the background. We now have several plants that have reached the top and are looking for something else to climb. The cooler weather has returned and the garden is starting to turn on.

One last photo of the Ly. I thought this photo, which I didn't take, was pretty nice. Why is it that even little girls know how, and are willing, to smile at the camera. I couldn't generate a grin that genuine just for the camera.

Buboppy

No comments: