Friday, July 11, 2008

Too Busy to Blog


I realize it isn't much of an excuse, but I am swamped this summer. I am trying to do my new job, and teaching the accelerated chemistry course at the same time. I can't seem to find time to get anything important (like blogging) done. So to all of our hostile readers, our most profound apologies. I could swear an oath that it will never happen again, but it has happened before, and . . .

Matt finally arrived from Dallas and we had a great week with him and Laur. He is pictured above putting the last few stitches into Bubby's shower give for Laur. The theme we were given was "modes of transportation" and so Bubby used a cute cartoon of a tugboat named "LEO" and made a nice tricot quilt for the Baby. By the time Matt got here, Bubby's fingers were so sore she couldn't finish up the last few stitches. She is a quilting machine, but it takes its toll.

On Thursday, July 3rd, Aaron, Jake, Matt, Daniel and I went fishing at Newcastle. It was fun to all be in the boat together, and while the fishing wasn't as good as it was in mid-June, we caught plenty and had some great laughs. Jake is pictured with the biggest bass we caught that night. I was doing the hooking and Jake was putting everybody's fish back in the water. He was as busy and a lint picker in a blue serge suit factory!

Buboppy

No comments: