Sunday, November 18, 2007

Saturday at Home


We spent the day at home. We started with our usual Walmart run and added a stop at the Depot. The toilet in our bathroom has been running a little because the flapper valve was leaking. However, when I looked in the tank, the thing didn't have a normal flapper valve! When we checked it out at the Depot, there was a little gasket you replace (much easier than a flapper valve), and I performed the repair. It took a couple of false starts, but it seems It be working now.

We also spent some time making pomegranate jelly for Christmas. Bubby is already starting to worry about having everything ready for our trip to State College in December. Mainly, I washed dishes and the like. Bubby made the three batches of jelly. I put hot peppers in most of them, but Auntie Nell came, and we sent her home a bottle sans chili flakes.

Once we got the jelly done, we made a run to Hursts' and the cleaners, along with other chores. Then we got to work on the outside chores. I needed to drain the sprinkler lines, but of course, the main drain valve broke, and I had to replace it. Once I got all the lines drained and the hoses disconnected, I went back and found Bubby wedding the flower bed outside the solarium. She had butchered the bushes back there, and I could see that we were going to have a load for the dump, so I did a little trimming on the spruce trio. We raked the remaining leaves, put the BBQ in the shed, and generally got a little closer to being ready for the first snow. I also needed to run the boat motor out of gas, because we didn't get the chance to run it out in the wind storm. After our trip to the dump, we finally got our showers for the day. Bubby said "simple pleasures are what it is all about!"

We went to a reception for Stephanie Madsen. She married a Reeder boy she met at USU. It was great to see the family, and Bubby had a great time catching up with everyone.

I left her in Auntie Nell's capable hands, and I went to watch the T-Birds run. It appears to be another long season ahead. They got beat by CS Fullerton. They are in sore need of a point guard.

I am going to have a piece of French coconut pie. I'll pass judgment on it when I have tasted it.

Bubopyy

No comments: