Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines' Day


When we woke up this morning there was about eight inches of snow on the ground. It didn't hit until 7:00 PM, but it really came down. The wind drifted it around to the point that shoveling was no fun. Bubby helped me, and we quit after 45 minutes.

We dressed and had breakfast at the Main Street Grill. The special was an avocado and bacon omelet which the chef split between two plates. It was very nice to just sit after all of that shoveling. Our furnace was issuing a natural gas smell, and I called the repair guys. Before they came out, they suggested that I check the vents on the roof. With so much snow, perhaps one was clogged. I checked it out, and things had warmed up enough that I didn't have to get on the snow covered roof. The smell is gone. Anyway, their suggestion saved us the cost of a service call.

When I got home from the office, Bubby had made a dinner of old favorites. Clam chowdah, heart-shaped biscuits, and apricot jam. Very nice.

You can tell from the photo I am looking forward to digging in. She even tried to keep the dishes up while she was cooking so there wouldn't be so many to do after dinner. I hardly got my hands wet.

Bubby got a bag from Clark and Linford Jewelers for her valentine. I made her guess what it was, and she was pretty nearly perfect. I guess after 35 years, you kind of know one another. It seems like its hard to surprise her anymore. Of course, she was excited to open the bag and its contents even though she knew what was contained therein.

So here they are. Bubby has declared them "modern", but "dainty". I think they look nice and I hope she will get lots of wear out of them. I am thinking of going into the gold jewelery resale business. She has so much, and only wears a few things. I am thinking I could sell what doesn't get used and buy a bigger bass boat, or at least fancy front-end electronics for the one I have.

Buboppy

No comments: