Monday, March 10, 2008

Home Again


On Saturday morning, we decided to concentrate on some of the more obvious and touristy locations on the valley floor. We visited Bad Water, over 280 feet below Sea Level. The students had a great time walking out on the salt flats. Bubby and I posed for a photo and were generally enjoying the sunshine.

After Bad Water, we drove to the Devil's Golf Course where we actually witnessed someone trying to play golf. I think the metaphor escaped this guy, but he is not alone. One of the participants found a golf ball out in the salt domes and we did remove it. I wish I had known that hitting a ball out into that mess is the thing to do. We filled the day and returned to our camp Saturday night to find that the wind had arrived. We had gusts to 30 mph, which made dinner preparations interesting. We survived it though, and the participants even got there cobbler for dessert. We went to bed in the wind but it was gone in the morning. We gathered ourselves and drove home via a volcanic crater and Scotty's Castle. Bubby and I were finished field trippin' by about 7:00 PM. All in all, a good trip.

While I realize that these images are a little graphic, Bubby thought you might like to see what it looks like. It really looks much worse than it feels.

If I take things slowly and don't roll it again, all will be well. I have an appointment today at 2:30 to have a podiatrist look it over, just in case.

Buboppy

1 comment:

Rosalyn said...

That does look painful--I hope your ankle is feeling better and that the doctor's outlook was optimistic.